Now from his point of view he really isn't out much but the time to take the pictures and maybe the occasional rearanging of kids during pictures me on the other hand-all I have to do is. . .think of cordinating outfits, find the outfits and buy them, have McKenna and Kylie shower the night before or their hair will not be dry, make sure Kamryn has a decent nap or she will be grumpy, give them a snack before we go, make sure their faces are clean, make sure Conner and Kelsey know they are not supposed to play once their clothes are on for
fear they will get them wrinkled or dirty, put Kamryn's curlers in so her hair has enough time to dry, put Kelsey's hot sticks in right so her curls aren't kinked, leave 40 minutes to curl McKenna's hair and 25 minutes to curl Kylie's-now this requires curling every piece of
hair!! I then have to get my self ready only to have Marc come in the room and ask me where the gel is. . .I CAN NOT DO IT ALL!!!! I am fitting this into my motto for life. After this is over and we (and when I say we I really mean me) are trying to put our happy faces on we head up the canyon for pictures. I am trying to make sure no one lays on their curls as we practice our smiles. The sun is starting to set and this begins to worry Marc that the light will not be right but I reassure him (nicely) that I have not spent this much time getting ready to bag it now. 
We plant the kids in their respective poses and try to get them to smile but Kamryn wants nothing to do with the posing and would rather put leaves in her mouth while my other kids smile with their mouths open so wide the bugs are mov
ing in. Needless to say these WILL be our pictures for the year because I am not going through it again for at least another year. I hope someone enjoys the effort.
4 comments:
The pictures are Great! They turned out really cute...so thanks for all your efforts!! I would have thought they were cute even if the outfits didn't match and they had leaves in their mouths...so don't stress!
I am so glad to see that you spend so much time getting the kids ready for pictures. As hectic as it is pictures are so important not only for the future but for us aunts that are so far away. You are such a go getter steph!! Hats off to you and I am grateful for all the time and work you put to make things happen. You truly are a "wonder" MOM!! Have a wonderful day!! Love Chelsea. Hi kids I love you all and think of you often:)
I love the pic's and I am sorry that you had to go through picture day. You know that I feel the same way you do about that family activity. But as hard as it is to get it done, I have never once wished that I didn't have them, even if they didn't turn out quite as well as I planned! Let's play soon!
Love the pics Steph! Your hard work SO paid off! Your kids look great! Good job! (so sad I had to miss monday...one of these next days when I have a moment I will call and give you the low down :( Hope you had a great time! ((hugs))
Post a Comment