Friday, October 12, 2007

A Day Out With GG

This weekend, being our fall break, I packed the kids in the car and headed up to Ogden to visit GG (Great Grandma). She took us on a picnic to the dinosaur park. We were able to see all the Tyrannosaurs Rex and Triceratops up close and for McKenna who is studing the dinosaurs in school it was great. She was able to take us around and tell us the facts of the dinosaurs-like which ones have bones found in Utah and a new one was just found this month in our state. Each dinosaur had a touch screen beside it so you were able to find out fun facts or take a quiz to see how much you really don't know about them.

Conner and Kelsey found these binocular type things where they were able to look through and see how the Tyrannosaurs Rex saw its prey compared to another dinosaur. They just had fun finding each other.We then went upstairs where they had an animetronics set up where a mother dinosaur with her two babies were trying to fight off a T Rex. This had the kids attention while they were trying to decide if the Halloween hat on the horn was going to fall off during the fight. Luckily it stayed on.

We went outside and had a great picnic. GG got all of the kids favorite food to eat especially things that mom doesn't buy like Cheetos. They were thrilled!! We walked around outside and saw the different dinosaurs posed throughout the park all decorated with Halloween garb. Some parts were scarier than others but we then made our way to a sand box and we played for a long while.

Here are some of the most dangerous creatures I have every encountered! We had so much fun visiting and spending time with GG that our day ended too quickly. We ended our day with a trip to get ice cream and we were off for the long trip home.

3 comments:

Becca said...

That looks like so much fun, and I'm glad that Kenna took some time just to be a kid, albeit a smart kid! Let's play soon!

Lisa said...

What a fun day with your GG!
I love this park! The kids and I went a few years ago (I think I was pregnant with Allie) However, we completely missed the inside museum part and didn't learn about it until the end when everyone was already "done." Oops!

Favorite Aunt! said...

I wish I could have been there with you all! It looks like you had so much fun. My kids LOVE that park. They really want to go back. We need to plan a trip out. GG looks great and I would love to visit.