I love the Christmas season with all the lights and presents but sometimes I feel we lose the real meaning of the season so I try really hard to keep this family with their thoughts on the Savior. We too are doing the scripture reading for the month of December out of the friend. It has been great to really highlight the Savior's life. It is surprising what stories they know and what they might have questions about. As a YW/YM we went caroling throughout the ward and gave every family living in our boundaries (members or not) a 12 days of Christmas story book. It has also been great reading each story at night. My kids are so excited about bedtime this month.
Last year I thought it was a great idea for everyone to hand make each of their Christmas presents. They had fun but I had to come up with most of the ideas and actually make Conner, Kelsey and Kamryn's gift. Needless to say this year I thought I would shelf that idea and I took the kids one at a time to the store and McKenna and Kylie actually wanted to use their own money to buy the presents. McKenna came up short on a friend's gift so she is working off the money she borrowed even though I told her it was just fine.
We have had the opportunity to visit Santa a few times this season. Last night was one of those times and as Marc was putting Conner to bed he asked him if he was happy because he saw Santa. Conner replied, "not really, I would have been really happy if it was Jesus." How sweet is that!!?! I continue to love this time of year and hope we all remember why we celebrate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That really is the sweetest thing--I love those moemnts when you know that the things you are trying to teach your family are actually sinking in.
Oh that Conner is a sweetheart! I love it!
Post a Comment