Tuesday, January 4, 2011

December

December was such a busy and fun month for our family. We celebrated Christmas at home with Grandma and Grandpa Rice. I love to see all the excitement on Christmas eve as the kids prepare for Santa to come. McKenna is starting to lose the excitement a bit but she is a good sport and lets all of them sleep in her room where she reads a Christmas chapter book to them. She didn't get much sleep due to the fact that Kami takes up the whole bed, Kelsey snored and Conner was too excited to fall asleep quickly. The next morning I love asking them if they heard the reindeer or santa and they all tell me their stories. While we have the fun of Santa we also celebrate the Birth of our Savior during the month. We read stories every night with our scriptures about Christ and end with the Bible story. During the month Kamryn was so cute, she would come up to me and tap me on the shoulder and say "you know the real reason of Christmas is Jesus". I hope they get it with all the materialization. Here are a few of our memories from the past month.
I would have gotten him more clothes if I knew he would be so excited.
Kenna asked specifically for strategy games this Christmas.
Kelsey loved whatever it was she opened!!
Kylie recieved a cotton candy machine and some clothes for her American Girl doll from Grandma and Grandpa Rice.
The stockings are my favorite. They are sitting on the couch when they come downstairs and the find which one is theirs and then sit and wait while we take turns opening presents.
Kelsey and Kamryn had a Christmas dance recital. They both preformed two numbers. Kelsey danced to Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree and Jingle Bells.
Kamryn danced to The Good Ship Lollipop and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.
They love to dress up in their dance costumes but I think the real excitement is that I let them wear make up. . .
At the preschool Christmas program Santa was on hand to visit with all the girls and boys.
At the preschool program Kamryn sang, Suzie Snowflake and Tapping Tapping Little Elf were my favorite.
Kylie was in a show at the Scera (local theatre) called The Magic of Christmas. She was in it with one of her best friends Madeline.
The month sure went fast. I can only hope the cold weather in January will do the same.

2 comments:

Abbey Rice said...

McKenna is going to LOVE Settlers of Catan! Curtis and I were obsessed with it for about the first two years of our marriage. It's a great one.

Molly said...

Settlers is awesome - she will love it! Tell her I'll play with her any day! um.... wonder if there's an ap for that???