Kamryn was a real trooper these last few months coming with me to the practices and last week we were at the school for 4 hours a day. The day before the play there was a final dress rehearsal which was recorded by a professional for the parents to purchase and not have to worry about recording the night of the performance. This meant that Kamryn was not able to walk around like she was used to and she needed to stay close beside me. Knowing this was going to be the case I told her to pack a bag. Her older siblings offered their Zunes for her to take so she could watch a show and she decided on Conner's because she could watch Bolt. She placed it in her bag with a few books and crayons. I grabbed some fruit snacks and off we went. Half way during the recording she decided to get into her bag and noticed that she had left the Zune on and the battery was dead. I realized that I forgot the fruit snacks at home on the counter and didn't even put them in her bag. After 4 hours the rehearsal was over and they brought in pizza for the 6th grade. Kamryn got my keys for the car out of my bag and started grabbing my leg to go. I started helping pass out the pizza and cookies when I realized I hadn't see Kami in a while and went around asking if anyone had seen her. No one had and some 6th graders started looking while I went backstage and she wasn't anywhere then I remembered her taking my keys. . .I ran to the door knowing that once you go out those doors they lock. Sure enough she was there with these big alligator tears, having just peed her pants, wearing no coat in freezing weather and the steam coming off the sidewalk. I finally got it. . .it was time to go home.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Tom Sawyer
Kamryn was a real trooper these last few months coming with me to the practices and last week we were at the school for 4 hours a day. The day before the play there was a final dress rehearsal which was recorded by a professional for the parents to purchase and not have to worry about recording the night of the performance. This meant that Kamryn was not able to walk around like she was used to and she needed to stay close beside me. Knowing this was going to be the case I told her to pack a bag. Her older siblings offered their Zunes for her to take so she could watch a show and she decided on Conner's because she could watch Bolt. She placed it in her bag with a few books and crayons. I grabbed some fruit snacks and off we went. Half way during the recording she decided to get into her bag and noticed that she had left the Zune on and the battery was dead. I realized that I forgot the fruit snacks at home on the counter and didn't even put them in her bag. After 4 hours the rehearsal was over and they brought in pizza for the 6th grade. Kamryn got my keys for the car out of my bag and started grabbing my leg to go. I started helping pass out the pizza and cookies when I realized I hadn't see Kami in a while and went around asking if anyone had seen her. No one had and some 6th graders started looking while I went backstage and she wasn't anywhere then I remembered her taking my keys. . .I ran to the door knowing that once you go out those doors they lock. Sure enough she was there with these big alligator tears, having just peed her pants, wearing no coat in freezing weather and the steam coming off the sidewalk. I finally got it. . .it was time to go home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH NO! LOL...poor thing!! Dont you love those "I-desperately-need-2-of-me" mommy moments!
CoNgRaTs to McKenna!! That is great! :)
I would love to do your reserch for the best chocolate with you again if ever you need further opinions! *grin*
Poor kid! I was laughing and feeling sorry for Kamryn at the same time!
Post a Comment