Thursday, February 4, 2010

What a Day

I was able to go to lunch with a friend yesterday and do a little research with her. This research is nothing like what I remember because it was chocolate research. She had a list of some great bakery shops in Provo/Orem area and we went around finding the best. Does it get any better? I might have gained a few pounds but it was so worth it. So if anyone wants to know where to get the best cupcakes I can let you know because we did the research.

Then the games began when I walked in the door. I knew I was taking dinner into some friends so I prepared by putting something in the crock pot and already cooking the dessert before I left for lunch. So I felt well prepared. I started on homework when McKenna yelled that Coco had messed in the front room and bless her because she volunteer to get it cleaned up. I started the dessert for Enrichment Meeting, ran Kylie to gymnastics came home and was informed of a poop mess which was not from the dog but a child in another room. I started scrubbing the carpet when I noticed the smell of burning. I finished the carpet job and got cleaned up came into the kitchen where there was smoke and the awful smell of food burning. I opened the oven and realized the dessert I was cooking was put in a "too small" pan and was spilling all over the oven. I shrugged my shoulders and ran McKenna to art while the three little kids parked themselves around the open windows to breathe in the fresh air. They then ran to the neighbors to escape from the yucky smoke and smell. I finished dinner for our friends and ran it over to them and came home decided it was a perfect time to auto clean the oven. This also meant I had no dinner for my own family (I can only make one dinner at a time). Seeing as how I was still full from all my "research" I made something simple on the stove top. I then took my dessert that boiled over in the oven and popped it into the microwave to finish cooking and off to Enrichment I went. What a day. . .

No comments: