We spent the past weekend up in Salt Lake enjoying our "stay"cation that has been moved and changed so many times I am really surprised it went through. I picked the kids up on Friday from school and we made the long drive. The kids had so much fun at the hotel. We went swimming and out to dinner and then we all crammed into our little room and bonded. Saturday we went to This Is the Place park and it reminded Marc and I of a little version of Nauvoo. The kids enjoyed attending the Barber...
The hat shop...
Of course the had I would have wanted to buy was the one that would have been $700 in today's money.
We pulled wagons...
And rode trains and ponies...
Enjoyed the petting zoo...
We washed clothes with a wash board and hung them on the clothes line. Kylie thought it was so much fun and wants to now wash all our clothes that way. I would just like her to make her clothes land in the hamper...
Then we went and walked on the moon...
We spent our final day at Temple Square and got a great tour of the Conference Center.
We were able to go on the roof and get down close to the stage and see where all the General Authorities would sit during Conference next month. We went to the Church History Museum and they have a wonderful exhibit going on until the end of September "I Am a Child of God" Everything was hands on and the kids loved playing there. We finally had to tear them away when Marc and I were falling asleep due to the long weekend. Our 'stay'cation was a success and we see more in our future. Thanks so much Jaime we had a great time!!
4 comments:
First off, you look really skinny in your $700 hat--maybe you should get it! Next off, you kind of make me want to try a staycation--it really looks like you had a lot of fun.
Those are all places I wanted to take my kids this summer, but never did. Oh, well, hopefully another time. Looks like everybody had a fun time
It looks like a lot of fun, and a little deja vu. LOL. We loved our staycation too. Your kids are so adorable! Just FYI, on my blog are details on a contest to win a free copy of my latest book, if you're interested. You can't beat free...
What a fun time! Good for you!! I love the hat by the way...you look awesome! Make Mark print it in B&W...I bet it would look sweet! LOL!
Love ya!
~~heather
Post a Comment