We love going to seven peaks during the summer. It gives us something to do on a hot summer day. We love packing a lunch and meeting friends there. We were at seven peaks until the Saturday before I had the twins and the doctor finally told me it wasn't a good idea to go anymore. I took a few years off and then we had Kami. I lovingly call them my"triplets" and I waited until they were all potty trained and walking on their own uunil we decided to get the passes again this year. Well McKenna and Kylie are able to go out on their own to whichever slide they desire as long as they check in. I stay in the alligator pool with the "triplets" and we play.
Well we went on Tuseday and the usual was going on. I literally stood at the alligator pool for over an hour just catching Kami as she went up and down the slide for over an hour. We went through 3 different life guards and she just kept on going. I finally got her to have lunch and we all met back at the blanket and umbrella. After lunch Kylie decided she wanted to try something she hasn't before and go off the rope swing. I was telling her I didn't think it was a good idea then finally gave in. I went to watch her with my other children and the first time she chicken-ed out and the second time she did it even though she was visably scared. Well she grabed the rope and let go at the right time and when she came up there was no way she was swimming to the edge. The life guard blew her whistle one long blow and jumped in. She got Kylie to the edge and the supervisors (hearing the whistle blow) came running. They took us to the first aid station where they documented the episode and I signed her out. We started again on our way when McKenna and Kylie wanted to do the lilly pads which again we never have done but with only 4 feet of water I gave in. They waited in line and when it was Kylie's turn she couldn't quite reach the rope to which I replied "well you are too small" only to have the sweet girl behind her offer to hold it down for her. Kylie started and got on the first lilly pad and then slipped off the rope. She couldn't seem to get her footing and the wistle was blown again and another life guard dived in to save her. The supervisors came running again with all their gear-life floats, back boards etc-and took us again to the first aid station. So in all our years going to seven peaks Kylie was rescued by a life guard not once. . . but twice in 10 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OK, I'm dying laughing--I wish I could have been there with you. I'm sure it was mortifying to have to go to the first aid station for the second time. Too funny
Ahhh, the wonderful things our children put us through.
Bwahahahaha!! My goodness! Sounds like fun! How do you do it with 5 kids??? *grin* ((hugs))
~~heather
Post a Comment