Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Love my Calling

I absolutely love my calling!! I get to do the funnest things and all in the name of serving my Heavenly Father. How great can that be? I was called as the Young Woman's President about 6 months ago and it has been hard trying to get things to run smoothly and just figure out what I am doing but. . . through much prayer and work things are starting to run well. I have a great presidency and advisors as well as terrific YW who send me messages, scare me in the middle of the night with their pranks and they even help me early in the morning to get the activities pulled of. Now don't get me wrong it is very time consuming and stressful at times but I love it.

This week seemed really busy. . .well every week is really busy but this one was extremely with two birthday parties, the usual lessons, a holiday and our combined YW/YM activity. We took the youth up Provo canyon (yes, even with the fire at Bridal Veil Falls) and tubed down. It was a blast. I was a little skeptical at first but I put my game face on and I loaded in the van. Now for you "out of towners" this river comes straight off of ice and it was FREEZING!!! My feet were numb. I say this when the temperate outside was over 100 degrees today. We tubed about a mile down where we hung a rope off a bridge at Vivan Park. You had to grab the rope and hope the current didn't sweep you down with it. Luckily we only had 2 youth who went under the the bridge and needed extra assistant. While some of us were coming down the river the others were at the park playing football, eating the sack lunches (we got up at the crack of dawn to make for them), visiting, playing at the park and tanning. Luckily we came back with all the youth but we did lose 2 of the tubes in the process and I have one very nasty bruise on my leg to show for the day but we all had a blast.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Looks like so much fun. I wish I could have been there with you!

Anderson Family said...

We drove down the canyon yesterday! It looks like there were thousands of people floating down (and watching the fire). Last year I saw some boys wrap a canoe around the bridge pole, and it sunk.

Anderson Family said...

We drove down the canyon yesterday! It looks like there were thousands of people floating down (and watching the fire). Last year I saw some boys wrap a canoe around the bridge pole, and it sunk.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the calling. I have no doubt you're an awesome YW Pres. I'm still in the Primary--as always :)