Friday, March 7, 2008

Dad's Birthday


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!
The reasons I love my Dad:


  • After a date or night out with my friends I new dad would be sitting on the couch (not always awake) waiting for me. Didn't matter what time it was he was their to listen how things went and I remember those talks to be the ones where I shared the most and even though he was probably waiting to go to bed, knowing he had to get up early in the morning he stayed and listened.

  • He would pick us up at the bus stop when it was raining or cold so we didn't have to walk home. I loved looking out the window when the bus pulled up and seeing his truck waiting for us.

  • He is involved in my life. I was a senior in high school and they just made the announcement of prom court and I had made it. I was really excited and remember calling my dad from the pay phone at the school to tell him.

  • I love him because he would always run through what I was to do before I entered the ring for a race. He made sure my horse and I were ready. He even took my horse to a football game so I could be the halftime show.

  • I love the letters he would write to me at Ricks and always slip in a little money.

  • I love the fact he sits and listens for our Sunday night calls even though he only gets a few words in since my mom and I do most of the talking.

  • I love the example he is of service. Always willing to give a blessing or help someone who needed him. He truly shows what the true love of Christ is-Charity.

  • I also love the fact that he set the bar so high on being a dad. Few have the good fortune I do in having a father who I can truly say is the BEST! I LOVE YOU DAD!!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Every one needs a dad like him! You are so lucky to have him in your life and I know he means the world to you!