Monday, January 28, 2008

Sick Day

Oh how I wish my life included a sick day. One where I could actually be sick and stay in bed until I felt better. No making lunches, getting kids dressed or doing someone' hair. But in this stage of life having a sick day is a luxury I don't have. Yesterday I was getting ready for church and started having the body aches and chills. Not having the option of even staying home from church I muscled up enough strength to attend all three hours and Marc then took the kids to John and Joelyn's so I could get some rest. I woke up this morning not feeling much better and with Marc already gone at work I knew it was going to be a long day. To my surprise the kids all stepped up. McKenna got everyone breakfast while I got dressed and even noticed the dishes needed to be done so did those too. Both her and Kylie made their own lunches and were off to school. Well when everyone got home they went quietly to play in their rooms so I decided to lay down on the couch to rest-not sleep, just rest- when they decided to come in the living room to wrestle. After asking several times for them to please go down stairs to be loud and no one listening I just decided to deal with the noise when I hear Kelsey say "SSSSSSHHHHHH" "everyone be quiet" Now I thought they finally heard me and will be going downstairs because they realize I don't feel well and am trying to rest just to hear her finish her comment by saying "sssshhhh because Coco is sleeping" I decided my rest was over and went to change the laundry!!

1 comment:

chelseabenoit said...

I noticed their were no comments to this little story. It made me laugh and definantly smile. I can only imagine the tiresome you feel at the end of each day let alone being sick on this one. You do a great job with your bunch! Love Aunt Chelsea