I often wonder really, how much fun it is to be a twin. Well. . .you will always have someone else to play with and be there for you no matter what. When you are little both of you can communicate in a secret language only known to the two of you. In our case you might even be able to date each others friends or at least know more about the opposite sex.
But. . .there are a few down sides I have come to understand this week. The first was when both Conner and Kelsey (who are already planning their birthdays 6 months in advance) that they would like to no longer share a birthday. They would both like to have their own day. I tried to explain that just wasn't possible considering their birthday wasn't chosen. They also informed me they would like to always share a room. This is starting to become a little more of an issue considering they will start Kindergarten in the fall but they both would really like to stay together. They also informed me they are going to get married. Now it is just not worth shattering their dreams by telling them they won't get married nor will they want to. It would just break their hearts.
They are each others dance partners, dress up friend, buddy to go with you to a place that is scary (downstairs), reading partner, car ramp, style consultant (they like to pick out each others clothes), and most important-Best Friends-
We changed some of our beds around to accommodate everyone and ended up bunking their beds. They of course both wanted to sleep on the top bunk but after a careful consideration they decided they both wanted to sleep on the top. So since the beginning of January they have both fallen asleep together. I started out by having Marc separate them only to have them angry with me in the morning because they wanted to be together that I started letting them stay in teh same bed through the night. Well the other night Kelsey woke up screaming "I am wet, I am wet" well you guessed it she wet the bed with poor Conner right next to her. I thought this would put an end to them sleeping together only to get them cleaned up and the sheets put in the laundry that I noticed they put both their sleeping bags together on the top bunk. Now that is what I call BEST FRIENDS!!
2 comments:
Hey, they kind of even look like an old married couple snuggling in their bed! They are so cute--no wonder I love them!
This is the sweetest thing!
Post a Comment