Sunday, March 1, 2009

Busy with life

We have been busy, busy, busy here the last few weeks. Young Women's is a big contributor and as I just got done with a huge dinner for the Young Men/Young Womam, I am finding that I have a need to control. So much so I end up doing things entirely myself because I can't seem to relinquish the control. Needless to say it causes a lot of stress.

I was also asked to make a cookbook for the ward. No committee or group just me. Well thanks to some great friends who saw my need for help jumped in and have made phone calls an proofed recipes. While we have over 600 recipes ready to go with the cookbook I have at least 100 more to enter. I have however-with the help of my presidency-decided to make this cookbook a fundraiser for the YW. It was supposed to elevate my stress but I haven't given up the recipes. In giving the recipes to the YW I would:
1. Need to copy each recipe-so that I have a master.
2. Keep a log of who had which one.
3. Log when they were given the recipe.
4. Make sure the recipe was entered in.
5. Make sure it was correct.
6. Then call the YW if the recipe wasn't entered in.
Well with all that work I might as well enter it in myself! Needless to say I am hoping to have them all entered in by this week and sent to the printers. For the fundraiser part I will have the YW collect the money and deliver the cookbooks. I am also going to have them babysit for me so I can take a vacation!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey steph it sounds like chaos! Only you could handle all that and 5 kids. Your amazing. Hey I was wondering how much are your cookbooks? And can I buy one? Any cookbook with your name on it, needs to be on my shelf! Seriously! Email me the cost (plus shipping of course) and where you want me to send the money. Unless it's too much work to have to think about sending one down. federkeil@kanab.net

Mandy Riddle said...

Oh Steph, I tried to do a cookbook also but it did not work out. NOt enough help. You are lucky to have those around you to jump in like you said. It is such a good idea but so much work. I will just steal Michelle's book when she gets it! Ha Ha!

~~heather said...

Hey there you busy busy lady!!! I would love to order a cookbook! LMK how much and I will mail you a check! I LOVE ward cookbooks! They are the best recipes around because they are tried and true! *wink* (and I love your recipes as well! LOL)
((hugs))
~~h.