I love the storytelling festival at our school. McKenna and Kylie have both entered since they were in fist grade and this year is no different. They first tell their story to the class and if they make it go to the entire grade and then to the school. If they win at the school level they might have an opportunity to go to the Timpanogus Storytelling Festival in the summer. It is such a great experience for them and they get excited picking their story and memorizing it. This year Kylie particapated with the story "It's the Bear" by Jez Alborough and did a great job. Friday she delivered it to the school.Sunday, March 1, 2009
Storytelling
I love the storytelling festival at our school. McKenna and Kylie have both entered since they were in fist grade and this year is no different. They first tell their story to the class and if they make it go to the entire grade and then to the school. If they win at the school level they might have an opportunity to go to the Timpanogus Storytelling Festival in the summer. It is such a great experience for them and they get excited picking their story and memorizing it. This year Kylie particapated with the story "It's the Bear" by Jez Alborough and did a great job. Friday she delivered it to the school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow that sounds like so much fun to see the kids memorize their book and then tell it. I love checking out your blog Steph! I'm not sure if you have seen mine. Here is the site www.azriddlefam.blogspot.com
Love to hear about you guys!
Mandy Riddle
That's so great! They offered it to the kindergarten kid at Ethan's school and I encouraged, but he wasn't intereted! I think he'd love to participate if he'd just try! I love that your girls are so willing and want to do things like that!
Post a Comment