Saturday, June 28, 2008

June Recap

June has been such an extremely busy month around our house that I thought I would recap the entire month instead of blogging each entire entry separate.

We started the month by going to Nauvoo with Marc's family and had a great trip. We learned a lot on the church history tour about the Saints and what they endured so that we could have the gospel. Our Historian told us story after story about individuals and the things they had to endure then would ask, "Would you go?" Would you leave everything, EVERYTHING, and follow the Prophet? WOW. Those were some strong saints. I know I was born to live at this time because I don't know if I could with stand the hardships.
We have some great pictures from the trip but do you think I know where Marc has stored them!!??! He took so many that I am sure he had to put them in their own little spot and I just don't know where that spot is.
Conner started another year of T-Ball and I just love watching him play. All those little boys are so cute trying to hit the ball and deciding where to run. He has done a great job and I can see an improvement from last year!

We went to Summerfest with some friends and we enjoyed a parade and fireworks.
Next we had Father's day and my birthday. I went to strawberry day's and sold strawberries and cream with the Laurels. This is an assignment from the stake to keep alcohol out of the rodeo. The church then gives all the proceeds to the rodeo. We had so much fun. I came home and Marc took care of dinner and I didn't do dishes, cleaning, or laundry the entire day.

Next was McKenna's birthday and we celebrated down in Ogden with Grandma and GG.
McKenna had a Harry Potter, sleep-over, birthday party. She invited 6 of her closest friends and they played Harry Potter games, ate Bertie Botts every flavor beans, made wands, and then Marc set up the projector and they were able to watch a Harry Potter movie outside.
Then was Youth Conference and we started Thursday night with a plane crash and it was great. Everything was a surprise for the youth we just told them their transportation was leaving at 7 sharp and be at the church. Attendance was great.When they entered the doors everything was decorated as if they were entering the airport. We even had a police officer acting as security taking all the cell phones and we even got a knife (that was kind of disturbing). They got a real looking ticket and entered the plane by showing their ticket and then were seated by the flight attendants with cool looking name badges. The sound affects were great we even had the background noise you hear when the plane is in flight along with the dinging of the call buttons. Once they were served their snacks and the garbage was picked up I went to the pilot and told him to crash the plane. The YM wired the lights so they flickered and went out, the sound effects made the floor vibrate. Once the lights came back on a man entered all in white saying they died and gave them a minute to reflect on how they have lived their lives up to this minute. We then took them to paradise and spirit prison as well as all the degrees of glory with someone in each room explaining when that degree was like. In the Celestrial room we quietly had all the parents in there to greet their children as they came in. It was great.
On Friday we started by going to the Pleasant Grove cemetery to pull weeds, and sweep grave stones. Some members of our ward came and told us a little about a few of their loved ones who were buried in that cemetery. Then we took the Youth down to Salt Lake and we got a behind the scenes tour of the Conference Center and visited Temple Square. We also watched the Joseph Smith movie and went up to Memory Park for a testimony meeting. We ended the night traveling back to the church and the activities committee fixed a nice steak dinner and we watched a slide show of the last two days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys had a busy June. It looks like a lot of fun. I can't believe our babies are now in double digits! 10 years old! Yikes!

Amber said...

Youth Conference was a blast, thanks for all the hard work you put into it, it was a great experience!

The Wells Family said...

holy cow, do you just feel like "JUNE's DOWN movin on to july" I feel like june was crazy for us. I'm excited for some down time. Hopefully you will get a little rest for a minute.