Thursday, May 22, 2008

Art Show

McKenna has participated in an art class this year and has thoroughly enjoyed it. She is so excited to find out it is Monday and she can go to art. Here are a few of her master pieces she has worked on through the year and they were featured at the art show on Saturday. The tree frog and the farm scene are made with pastels, the cactus is paint and the last is an abstract tile painting. Just like a true artist she has named each piece and now takes great care in her coloring homework for school (it drives me crazy. . ."just color the mountain lion brown" but it has to be the raw siena brown and the mountains have to be moonlight purple because the sun is going down and if you look at the mountains at a distance they really look a little purple. . .Who knew!!)





4 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow maybe I should hire Mckenna to decorate my house. Those are amazing, coming from someone who gets asked "what is that" when I draw a stick figure for my four year old. Great work!

Becca said...

She is so good, I am really impressed. Also, seeing her picture makes me miss her--I'm glad that we finally will get to see her this summer. Who knows, maybe she will teach all the little kids art class on Monday's!

Brittany said...

Dang Steph, you kids are SO talented. She is an amazing artist!

Kimberli said...

Steph, Thanks for doing this. I love, love, love it. We are soooo crazy about you all and now we can see all you are doing.