Yes, I know we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet, but driving around my neighborhood at least a dozen homes have their Christmas lights already up and since we have been having great weather it really isn't surprising but-they are on! Not only the lights but the Christmas music is on the radio 24/7. The stores have all there Christmas decorations up and music playing so I hate to admit but I am getting a little stressed. What with 5 kids, 1 husband, in-laws, parents, siblings, friends, Christmas cards and a partridge in a pear tree to buy for, with nothing yet purchassed. . . I am feeling the pressure. What with piano, gymnastics, art class, activity days, Relief Society meetings, temple, volunteer work at the school, Enrichment meeting, piano festival, helping a neighbor clean windows and a date night-all just this week-I wonder where I have the time to shop?
My next question is how do you take a Christmas to California (driving) with 5 kids who still believe in Santa? I don't have enough room for my kids let alone for extras! They might literally be sitting on some of their gifts as we drive. Who knows maybe we might just have to write a letter to Santa asking him to either come a little early or that we will be out of town so leave the presents and we will get to them when we get home.
Our family home evening tonight was about beginning this Holiday Season with the thought of giving rather than receiving but that is the part that stresses me out-giving. But as we begin to hopefully change our kids focus about what "I" want for Christmas to rather what does "she/he" want me to make (Yes, we are making all our family gifts this year). I hope they will begin to realize this season isn't about what we get but about family, giving and the birth of our Savior.
So with only 43 shopping days left may we all have enough time to enjoy this season and not just worry about our shopping lists. I say this more for me than for anyone else!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What, Christmas is coming? I guess I'd better get STARTED! Very different this year, I'm usually almost done. I wonder if I could make LEGOs too . . .
I meant to add - What a cute thing to do!
Now I do have one question--were your finished with 43 days left, or did you wait until there were only 40 to be done?
Post a Comment