Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our Mexican Cruise

Marc and I went on a fun Mexican Riviera Cruise last month. It was great because we went with great friends, had time to relax, and enjoyed the sunny weather. This was the first stop we made at Mazatlan. There was raw meat everywhere with flies all over and butchers cutting huge amounts of the meat right on the counter in front of you. We saw raw pig heads, hooves, and people actually buying these items. It was really interesting to experience this part of the culture.
I even found a Dairy Queen in Cabo.
The final night the servers performed a dinner show where they outfitted us with these really cool chefs hats.
We went also to Puerto Vallarta where we took a Canopy tour. It was so much fun. We got off the boat and then road in the back of a truck for an hour to the forest where we went on zip lines and repelling for 3 1/2 miles. The scenery was beautiful and we really had a great time.
This picture is from Cabo's Lover's beach. On one side is the bay and the other is the Pacific Ocean. No swimming was allowed in the Ocean because of the huge waves so we just got as close as we could and took pictures. It was so warm and sunny and the water was such a pretty blue.
One of my absolute favorite parts of the cruise was the fact that every time I came back to my room it was either cleaned or the bed was pulled down and a fun towel animal was left. Here is one of my favorite animals. . .I liked the towel monkey too.
These are some of the amazing rock arches at Cabo. A little to the left there was a rock where a bunch of sea lions were basking in the sun. This little water taxi was an experience because when we got to the beach these Mexican men came running to the boat yelling at us to throw them our things. So without thinking we did. . .smart!?!? Then they kept yelling for us to jump in the water. I was thinking we were going to be dropped off at a dock and walk to the beach not jump right off the boat into the water. So we all jumped into the water and then followed the men-because they had our things-up the beach where they took their hats off and asked for a tip. Knowing this when we got a taxi to leave the beach I wasn't going to have them help me. I could do this myself!! I carried my stuff and when they came closer I just held on tight and kept walking. I got to the boat and threw my bag over and then realized I could not just jump into a boat that was taller than my head. The Mexican man then tried to show Marc how to hoist me over and while they were both hoisting I kind of fell in the boat like a fish. Not so graceful but hilarious.
Also while we were at Lover's Beach we decided to go snorkeling-I use this term very lightly in my case. The waves were throwing me up against these huge rocks and once I would get out far enough away from the wave the gear made me claustrophobic. I would panic and swim back to a part of the beach that was secluded. I finally decided I was not getting back in the water because my children needed a mother. I was resigned to staying on this little part of the beach. Becca then went over to the main beach and would yell at me when the waves resided so I could fun over. Well I couldn't hear here. Two men came to my rescue while neither of them could speak English they helped me rock climb over this huge bolder while carrying my things and physically pulling me along. I was so grateful for their help. Thanks to them I made it over to the main beach to have Marc watching and laughing at me.The dinners were so much fun. It was great ordering things you never would if you actually had to pay for the item.
This picture was in Mazatlan.

We have memories of this trip to make us laugh for years. It was so fun and relaxing to lay by the pool on the ship, visit with great friends, order pina coladas while lying out, see a show every night, play cards while listening to someone play the guitar and sing, not have to cook, clean, do laundry, hear whining, or pick up after anyone. That being said it was nice to come home and jump right back in to doing those things because I find I miss being needed.

3 comments:

larifunk said...

I thought I had made it clear that no one is to cruise without me knowing about it! I am glad you had a great time. Now you need to go again. We're going in November, that's plenty of time for you to plan. I'm just sayin . . .

larifunk said...

I thought I had made it clear that no one is to cruise without me knowing about it! I am glad you had a great time. Now you need to go again. We're going in November, that's plenty of time for you to plan. I'm just sayin . . .

Becca said...

That was so much fun to read. You had me reliving all those great moments! We're so lucky to have you guys!