Tuesday, December 1, 2009

First lost tooth

Conner lost his first tooth!! We were at church and I was noticing his bottom teeth looking crooked so I took a closer look and he had a permanent tooth making its way behind his baby tooth. I encouraged him to try and wiggle the tooth in front with thoughts of having to try and get him an appointment with the dentist and all that entailed for the following week. When we got home he sat on the counter and held on to Marc's hand while I pulled it out. At first he wasn't quite sure he was excited about it but then it set in and he was elated. Conner then turned to me and wanted to know how much longer it was until bed time--8 hours. Marc went back to church for tithing settlement and while he was gone we read our tooth fairy book and in the book it tells the "rules" you must follow for the tooth fairy to come visit.
1-Fall asleep quickly
2-Place tooth in a baggie instead of a tissue
3-Don't hide the tooth
4-Place at the corner of your pillow
5-Clean off all blood
He took all these rules seriously and while I was making dinner he decided to clean his tooth in the bathroom sink. . .only to watch it go down the drain. He came down the hall quietly and with these big alligator tears explained what had happened. He was crushed. Marc walked through the door and Conner told him the story. Conner is really lucky to have the best dad because while still in his suit Marc got underneath the sink and disconnected the pipes and sifted through the "yuk" to find the tooth. He then immediately put it in a bag and placed it under his pillow and waited for the tooth fairy.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is one of the best stories I've ever heard! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! We went up North to my sisters house, and on the way up Kolby said, How come we haven't been to McKenna & Kylie's house for so long? I felt terrible! Will you guys be around Monday or Tuesday next week? We are coming back up (for a baptism) and staying a few days. We'd love to come visit!

Molly said...

Marc is nice! Our tooth fairy would have redeemed an empty bag.