Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Walk-a-thon
The kids elementary school sponsored there first walk-a-thon and my kids were so excited. The idea is to gain pledges and then walk as many lap in an hour as you can to raise the most money for the school. Marc and I will not let our kids go around asking for pledges so we were their only pledge for the walk. I went to volunteer and they had the field marked for the 1/4 mile lap and a DJ playing music. The principal pumped the kids up and then let the air horn go and the students were off. After about 40 minutes the kids were slowing down and wanting to stop because there were getting tired. Finally the air horn sounded again and the race was over and I helped tally the laps for the 2nd grade. They all did a great job with an average of 13 laps. I went to find Conner and Kelsey when Conner ran up to me telling me he got 20 laps---5 miles!!! I couldn't believe it. He was beating the 6th graders. He might be a little small for his age but his little legs didn't stop and he even showed the big kids how to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wahoo for Conner! I'm sure he'll sleep well tonight!
Post a Comment